Clean your interior regularly
To get rid of dog odors in the house, start by cleaning up your interior :
- Vacuum every two days, in all rooms, to remove dog hair
- Regularly wash the rugs, blankets, baskets, pillows, rugs, toys, stuffed animals … belonging to your small animal
- Clean your sofas and armchairs with baking soda. Place plenty of it on the seat, then let it sit overnight. The next day, vacuum up the baking soda.
- Deodorize your interior with room fragrance to neutralize dog odors.
Reinforce your dog’s hygiene
It is possible to reduce the bad odors released by your dog by adopting a few hygiene rules:
- Brush your pet’s hair daily (outside if possible).
- Wash your pet once a week and add a few drops of apple vinegar when shampooing to absorb odors. You can also opt for a dry shampoo by sprinkling the hair with baking soda. Leave to act for a few minutes then brush.
- Clean the animal’s ears well, carefully and with a cotton pad, for example. This area is particularly prone to bad smells,
- Brush your teeth as often as possible, with a suitable toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Give your dog quality food adapted to his needs to reduce flatulence.
Have you tried other methods to get rid of dog odors in the house? Share them with us in the comments.